Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Replacing DCX 85104 with SAN96B-5 - How to move the Zoning config from one switch to other

Hi Team,

We have DCX 8510-4 with storage and hosts connected which needs to be replaced by IBM SAN96B-5 soon.

Please can you suggest the best way of moving the zone config on the DCX 8510-4 to SAN96B-5 ??

Would prefer the one with less rework .

Thanks in Advance.

External Moderator

Re: Replacing DCX 85104 with SAN96B-5 - How to move the Zoning config from one switch to other

you have TWO options to move config from one switch to another

methode 1) configupload from old switch -> configdownload to -> new switch

methode 2) isl both old and new switch, the config will be synch itself, then you need just do disconnect the old switch

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: Replacing DCX 85104 with SAN96B-5 - How to move the Zoning config from one switch to other

Hi Techhelp,

Thanks for the update.

Do you forsee any problems in full configupload from DCX 8510-4 being downloaded to SAN96B-5 ??

Can i then follow the same

1. Install SAN96B  and power it on

2. Configdownload the DCX 8510 config

3. schedule downtime on DCX 8510-4 fabric and physically move cables to SAN96B

External Moderator

-->>Do you forsee any problems in full configupload from....

NO.

I have a Project in near future to Migrate Old's Brocade 48000 to DCX-8510-4

I've in the meantime received from this my customer the productive config from 48K and download to my DCX in my lab, withut any kind of problem.

BTW: I made in the past at several time this procedure and work fine.

You must just planned bevore begin with the migration a window, ensure new switch have unique IP Address, and FOS Firmware is compatible with all other switch in the Fabric.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Techhelp.

Just one more query.

Can i do a "configupload all"  from the switch and do a "configdownload all"  on the target switch  ??

Also if i do the ISL method, can i do without downtime of the environment  , if i move path by path of each server  from one switch to another  ??

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.