Fibre Channel (SAN)

Replaced a broken Brocade 300 - Best practice zoning etc.

Hi, we have 2 brocades 300 for the redondance  with zoning but they dosent share their zone configs, like zone community or something like that. Each brocade has their own configs.

One of them, number 2, has broke this week, power supply unit...

I replaced the broken number 2 by another one.

I taked the new one and I disabled all the ports (persistant disabled) and I switched all the fiber from broken to the new one.

So now I need to redo the zone on the new one but...I'm not sure how to procced.

Does I can enable all the ports now and doing my zoning configs or I should enable only one port at the time and create my alias, and after create my zones?

I just want to be sure and I dont know ''what is the impact'' when we have a brocade with the zoning enabled and another vania brocade with no zoning at the same time.

thanks

Brocade Moderator

Re: Replaced a broken Brocade 300 - Best practice zoning etc.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I will recommend you to read FOS admin guide about zoning (chapter zone merging). It will provide you right process to follow.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.