Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Removing old HBA port listings from Sw

I switched a HBA on a particular server. Now FM shows both the old and new Nodes on the same switch port. How can I remove the old listings?

External Moderator

Re: Removing old HBA port listings from Sw

Connect into the SWITCH trough IE or other Internet Browser into ZoneAdmin, navigate into Zone, and make sure that the WWN Address this HBA is not listed into the WWNs, if is listed and this is not longer requiered delet the WWN from the Old HBA.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

That's what's odd, the old HBA does not show up in either cfgshow or alishow.I'm trying to find a table that may need to cleared and refreshed (like an arp table?).

External Moderator

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info, but I'm not using Tivoli. This is FabricManager ver 5.

Occasional Contributor

It's possible that this is a bug with the software:The old hba's nodes still show up as "online" in the Nodes view of the specific switch that it was attached to.

External Moderator

BTW. I ask tomorrow a colleague, now wants to also know, and give answer.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I reviewed the Release notes (I'm using 5.0), but didn't find a similiar issue.

Occasional Contributor

Additional Info:<!graemlin::confused:>So what's happening is that Fabric Manager is not updating it's inventory database. I tried to reinstall the software, hoping that the it would refresh, but no luck. Can I just delete the DB to force the refresh?

External Moderator

<!graemlin::confused:>I test the same Procedure today whit Fabric Manager 5.0 of my test server whit two hba, shutdown and remove one of both , after reboot is the removed HBA longer in FM Listed. Also I assume this is a Software BUG in the Version 5.0 from FM. You can better upgrade to 5.0.0a i think that the Upgrade is free, to make sure is this correct ask brocade.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.