Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Receiving error "ConfigDownload Failed.failed to save value of authspec mode to config database"

I'm using FOS 6.4.3d on a SAN24B Fibre Channel switch.  I uploaded the config to an FTP server before making some zoning changes and now wish to back out those changes.  I've disabled the switch (test environment) and am trying to upload the config back to the switch.  I'm receiving the message "ConfigDownload Failed.failed to save value of authspec mode to config database."  Can anyone give me an idea of what this message means? 

Please/thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Receiving error "ConfigDownload Failed.failed to save value of authspec mode to config database"

Do you have that switch hooked up to an external authentication method like RADIUS or LDAP.

If so just extract the zoning section from the backup file, put that in a new file and use that for restoring the configuration.

Alternatively you could first copy the entire zone configuration with "zone --copy config_1 config_2". Then make some changes in config_2 after which you can save & enable config_2. If you want to back out of config_2 just enable config_1 again and if config_2 is no longer needed remove it with 'zone --expunge "config_2"' (mind the double quotation marks.) It will first show the list of objects affected with that operation so you can always back out if needed.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.