Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

RADIUS stop switch access

Howdy,

It seems I have stuffed up my EMC Brocade SAN switch.

I have brocade DS-300B switch.

DS-300B

I have logged on GUI using admin account which is part of switch database. I created RADIUS server settings and I select RADIUS as my primary AAA service and Secondary AAA service none. As soon as I apply this settings switch has kicked me out and I am no longer able to login using any switch database account.

Switch is operating fine but I have lost control to it. I can't telnet or access it using browser.

Does anyone know how can I change primary AAA service to switch database. or any default account that allow to access EMC switch by default.

I will greatly appreciated if anyone can help me out with this issue this is driving me crazy.

Regards,

Pankaj

External Moderator

Re: RADIUS stop switch access

RADIUS is wrong configured.

Workaround:

Disconnect LAN cable, wait for a Time 15-20 Munutes, without LAN Connection the RADIUS get Offline, Connect trough Serial Port as admin and delete or set the RADUIS parameters correct, for details refer Command Reference Manuals

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your respond.

When you say login using admin account, do you mean by switch database admin account that I was using before to login?

External Moderator

switch login

username = admin

password = switch_password

before try thi login, as mentioned you have to wait for a time. don't insist to try the loging after short time or just TWO Minutes, this interrupt the RADIUS Server go Offline, and you have now to wait......

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

thanks mate for help but somehow I am not able to set aaaconfig --localonly command.

It keeps saying that this option is not supported as of Fabric OS v6.1

Any other way to remove radius and set aaconfig to use switch local database only.

Occasional Contributor

Ok I found command, I will try it on Monday as I have to visit client site to get an access to switch.

Will update you on Monday GMT+10.

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Dear TechHelp24,

I wonder if you can assist me with following 2 question, I have searched a lot but wasn't able to find proper information.

1. how licensing works in Brocade SAN switch, is there any document that explain about EMC Brocade SAN switc licensing.

2. Even RADIUS is set to primary AAA service, it's still having default role. How can I assign RADIUS account 'switch admin' or other roles.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Pankaj

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help. It works. You save me from hurdle.

Would appreciate if you answer my questions.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.