Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

RADIUS authentication on Brocade 4Gb switch module

Hi experts!

I have a Brocade 4GB switch module installed in a Bladecenter H Series chassis and I'm trying to configure RADIUS authentication to it using Cisco ACS as the RADIUS server.

I see a message in the ACS logs that shows both a passed authentication and a failed attempt when trying to authenticate via RADIUS.  The error from the failed attempts log says "Bad request from NAS", but at the same time I get a passed authentication for the user credntials I'm trying.  The message I receive from the Brocade CLI console is simply "Access is denied".

While it's strange enough that I get both passed authentication and failed attempt log entries when it doesn't allow me to login, I have another Brocade 2005-B16 switch that is configured identically for the RADIUS setup and it works fine.  It reports the same failed attempt and passed authentication messages described above, but the authentication takes place just fine and assigns the proper role.

Is there something different in the way the Brocade fiber switch module implements RADIUS versus a rackmount Brocade 2005-B16 switch and how it implements RADIUS?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon Smith

New Contributor

Re: RADIUS authentication on Brocade 4Gb switch module

One last piece of information that I forgot to mention was that the switch I'm having the problem with is running Fabric OS version 5.3.1 and the one that works fine is running version 5.3.0 

Super Contributor

Hi,

-->Is there something different in the way the Brocade fiber switch module implements RADIUS versus a rackmount Brocade 2005-B16 switch and how it implements RADIUS?

AFAIK it is the same implementation.

I have RADIUS implemented too but it is not based on ACS. Check if you have to define and grant the "new" NAS clients IPs access rights. I my implementation this is needed.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

N/A

Have you resolved this?  I just finished configuring my ACS 1113 for all of my H series BladeCenters and I also hooked in my 5100's and MDS Switches.  Its not that hard believe it or not. I did the ACS appliance upgrade and 35 switches in a 2 days.  There was a patch upgrade on the ACS and a .csv file to install

Let me know....

Occasional Contributor

Since it's been over a year since he last posted I would gather to say he either figured it out or is no longer working there. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.