Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Questions about the 6520

Hi all

We are currently running the IBM B-64 (Silkworm 4900) with FOS 6.4.0c. We are about to order the new Brocade 6520 to replace the B64 switches. The easiest way for us would be to connect he new switches to the existing fabrics to get the running config from them. So my question is: is it at all possible to do that when the 6520 is demanding FOS7.1?

In our existing fabrics we also have some IBM Bladecenter switches 4 Gb (Silkworm 4020 ?) running FOS 6.2.2d, will these switches still be able to operate as swithes in the new fabrics? If not will they function in the new fabris in "access gateway mode" ?

I also nedd som more information on the 6520 that I have not been able to find, I assume that there is no oversubscription on these switches, is that correct?

If so am I correct in assuming that they are equipped with 12 Condor 3 ASIC's ?

Bjørnulf Ellingsen

Occasional Contributor

Re: Questions about the 6520

Hi all

I see now that the number of ASIC's are probably not 12. Could someone tell me or direct me to documentation that will show wich portgroups belong to wich ASIC?

Bjørnulf Ellingsen

Contributor

Bjørnulf

So my question is: is it at all possible to do that when the 6520 is demanding FOS7.1?

Yes. The different firmware you mention are supported together in a single fabric. I recommend you refer to the latest FOS compatibility guide or your switch support provider for their recommended releases for each of the products in the same fabric.

I also nedd som more information on the 6520 that I have not been able to find, I assume that there is no oversubscription on these switches, is that correct?

Correct - no oversubscription @ 16Gb's

If so am I correct in assuming that they are equipped with 12 Condor 3 ASIC's ?

There are 6 Condor 3 ASIC's.

Could someone tell me or direct me to documentation that will show wich portgroups belong to wich ASIC?

This is internal only - unpublished. If you need access to this information I suggest you contact your local Brocade Account or Solutions representative and they can assist you.

New Contributor

Thank you very much for ypur reply.

Bjørnulf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.