Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Question on updating Aliases

Hello everyone,

currently we have implemented mixed zoning in our two fabrics (4 switches each). My task is to migrate over to WWN zoning. This is of course not supposed to happen during production times. When I recently updated the names of the aliases to match our new naming scheme I discovered, that those new names were immediately visibile in the currently active zone configuration and even in older zoneconfigurations withous making the new configuration active in the first place. This behaviour makes me wonder it this would also be the case when replacing the content of an alias by removing a domain/port and adding a WWPN.

Where can I find information about this topic? Does anyone know how the 4100 Switches behave in this situation?

I need to make sure, that my changes wont be active in the same moment but then later on. It's a pity that I can't clone/copy an alias, because creating new ones which have the needed WWPN members inside will take much longer and is in my opinion a much larger error source.

Thank you

Michael

External Moderator

Re: Question on updating Aliases

Michael,

I am not sure if i have their ask correctly understood.

--->>> currently we have implemented mixed zoning in our two fabrics (4 switches each).

--->>> that those new names were immediately visibile in the currently active zone configuration

Is correct, if you make a change and Active the config, the new config alias/zone are immediately available.

Are both Fabric Redundant or are separat Fabric ? In case of Redundant Fabric ( example Fabic A and B ) , the best way is you deactive the Config in Fabric A or B, ( save before edit ) edit the Alias, and reactive the Fabric. So can you test if the new config is work.

Another Option is a Professional Tools, like the Brocade Fabric Manager or the EFCM.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.