Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
simon.beck

Question about CS_CTL

Hi,

In FOS 7 Admin Guide, page 416, it talks about frame prioritization.  Specifically, High, medium and low, with a corresponding table to show the values.

Page 417 shows how to enable CS_CTL prioritization but fails to tell you where and how to input the value from the table above. Displaying the help information for the command on the switch also fails to show you how to prioritise using CS_CTL.

My question therefore is how do you choose the priority using this command?

I’ve tried adding a value as shown below;

Portcfgqos –enable 3/8 csctl_mode 1

I don’t get an error, but I’ve no idea if this is working. A portcfgshow, shows that CS_CTL is active on the port.

Ideally I’d like to set certain ports to high priority and other ports that share the same target port to low.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Valued Contributor
dion.v.d.c

Re: Question about CS_CTL

Pag 416 shows table74 which in turn tells (1) how many VC's are assigned to a priority and (2) which VC's services a priority.

The only "table" on pag 417 (continued on 418) shows a truncated output  off portcfgshow .

If portcfgshow shows as on its on. I haven't figured out yet how to set a priority as i couldn't find it in the fos7.0 command reference guide.

But, and im'guessing a bit whether this applies to CS_CTL, in general QoS only kickin if there is congestion in a network.

If there are suficcient resources available to handle all traffic at a point in time QoS remain dorment.

Frequent Contributor
erwin.vanlonden

Re: Question about CS_CTL

Hi Simon,

Have you been able to get some more info on this topic?

Regards,

Erwin

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.