Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Problems with Connection of Two Brocade 300

Hey,

I hope you can help me, I have the following Situation:

I have two Brocade 300, one in each of my two data centers. Between them I want an interconnection.

I have the Fabric Licencse in both of them, but both say that they are in Principal Role.

My Fabric OS is v6.2.1b, I have on port 7 on each Switch my Uplink to the other. The Port is green static blinking?

The other Ports are static green.

I Think it is a Zone Conflict, but I don´t find the error, so I hope that you can help me.

Here are The Reports of both Switches.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Problems with Connection of Two Brocade 300

I Have the same problem here. We have 4 switch 2 for DC and 2 for DR. In DC 2 switch are (like dcsw01 & dcsw02) redundent with 2 server and 1 storage. Its work fine. Same config in DR site (drsw01 & drsw02). We have extended fabric license (V.6.4.0c) with 8 port license activated. We need to be seen the DC site LUN into DR site switch. So for that purpose we connect up dcsw01 port 7 (E_port) to drsw01 port 7 (E_port), at 1st disabled dcsw01 & drsw01 also. After that we reboot the switch, then just dcsw01 and drsw01 both port 7 just blinking. We cant see the DC site LUN in DR site server through switch.

Can u please share CLI command how come we connect the 2x Brocade Silkworm 300 switch without trunking (just with E_port enable).

Regards,

Masud

N/A

Your effective cfg names are the same.

External Moderator

bevore your begin to create any config, have to make sure both switch are configured correct, and most important ISL Connection is established.

Then, you can create a config into ONE Switch and not both.

At this Point:

Is this a NEW SAN Fabric or Productive SAN environments ?

1) If this is a NEW Fabric, leave the config in switch 1, and delete config in switch 2.

2) Established ISL Connection, Switch_1 to Switch_2, when ISL is working NOW; the config will be migrate automatically to Switch_2

3) Finally, this is Fundamental, more as ONE config ( witch same or different Name that not make any difference ), cannot be activated at same Time.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the respose.

What you mean by configured correctly?

ISL connection is established now through dcsw01 port7(E_port) to drsw02 port7(E_port).

//Then, you can create a config into ONE Switch and not both.

dcsw01 is already principle. just only dcsw01 configured now with zoning.

This is a new SAN fabric. Just dcsw01 configured and drsw01 is not configured yet.

//1) If this is a NEW Fabric, leave the config in switch 1, and delete config in switch 2.

Already done this.

//2) Established ISL Connection, Switch_1 to Switch_2, when ISL is working  NOW; the config will be migrate automatically to Switch_2.

Have done this but still port7 in both switch just pulsing green.

//3) Finally, this is Fundamental, more as ONE config ( witch same or  different Name that not make any difference ), cannot be activated at  same Time.

We have only one config right now.

Please advice what to do now.

New Contributor

ok I will try this, but can you discribe me how i can set one of my switches to factory defaults?

and how i can establish the ISL between them?

Do you know some Knowledge Documents for this?

Best regards

Christian

External Moderator

ISL is that simple of the World.

--->>> but can you discribe me how i can set one of my switches to factory defaults?

Yes, but is better to don't use factory Default mode.

you need just to remove the config from one switch.

are you using for ISL on both switch 8GB SFP, or 4 GB SFP ? What sort of Cable ? Standard Fiber or M3 ( 2000 MHz ) Fiber ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

we have on both Switch 8GB SFP (in the Port Admin, it shows me on both sides "online")

It is a Long Range Cable, I think it is above 2km so we have a 9µ LWL between this two Data Centers.

For this we have XBR SFP+ LR 1310mn Gbic´s installed

Remote Access i must lock for...

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.