Problem loading SwitchExplorer

Background:

DCX-4S switch (v7.3.0a)

CentOS management host

java version "1.7.0_67"

browser: FF

host and switch talk over a private network

Problem:

When trying to reach switch via https, FF will open two tabs. Tab 1 bounces between "looking up <switch name>, waiting for <switch name>, and connecting to <switch name>; Tab 2 is hung on trying to reach/waiting for jdl.sun.com

if i kill Tab 1, the second tab goes to the java download page, however if i then go to java's verification page, it will verify that the correct java version is installed.

Killing Tab 2, with Tab 1 still grinding does nothing, tab 2 will open again as before.

TIA

Contributor

Re: Problem loading SwitchExplorer

calling the javaws directly from the command line gets around this problem

Occasional Contributor

What do I have to type at the command line?
Occasional Contributor

Okay, I figured it out from Page Source in Firefox, but I cannot post a generic URL
Occasional Contributor

I have investigated some more. Brocade Web Tools / SwitchExplorer launches normally with Firefox 47, but this annoying behaviour has appeared again with Firefox 48. It looks like some sort of Java version check being run about 10 times per second looping endlessly. I am using current latest Java 8 version 101 on Windows 7, so the problem is in whatever Mozilla changed between Firefox 47 and Firefox 48.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.