Fibre Channel (SAN)

Visitor

Problem for access webtools from internet explorer or firefox with JRE 1.7!

HI!!  I have a couple of HP Brocade 4/12 for HP Bladesystems, when i try to access webtools by explorer or by firefox!  An error box shows this message """Application Blocked for security"  Failed to validate certificate. The application will not be executed.  We have this issue since 3 different laptops.  Trying to access to 5 different switches!!  Pls can you help me!

Regular Contributor

Re: Problem for access webtools from internet explorer or firefox with JRE 1.7!

This is (most likely) your browser/java plugin complaining because of an certificate issue.

Try adding exclusions for said switches.

Hi!!

I have the same problem!!!

Can anybody help!!! Please!!

Regular Contributor

So did you add exclusion to your browser/jre to disregard the certificate?

New Contributor

We have the same issue I believe.
Just got 2 new HP 8/8 SAN Switches / Brocade 300.

,Both have been connected to power, both have gotten an IP adress in the same subnet as other network components (set through serial cable and putty), both answer to ping (ie IP is ok).

When I go to the switch in Internet Explorer 9, I get the same error, error validating certificate, and Java error. Happens on both switches.
Tried to disable ceritiface check in Java with no luck.

What is wrong?

We have not set any config on the switch, should any command be run in CLI?

It comes defined with licenses for port 1-7 correct, or are we missing POD licenses to make the switch work?

I tried running the EZconfigwizard, but it could not set IP on the switches and it could not detect the switches on the network after entering wwn number,

Thanks for your help people..

New Contributor

You have to either lower the security level or disable it at all on Java Control Panel.

java.png

New Contributor

I tried again now to set it to Medium, which is the lowest.
Still I get the certificate validation error:

Is it possible to export a cer file from the Brocade switch and maybe import it in the browser?

cert_err.jpg

New Contributor

Ok, so I managed to get it started on another PC which has older Java installed, 7 u 25.

Here I could chose to Run the applet and it works, but it says the certificate has expired in March 2012.

Is that correct when these switches were delivered 1 month ago?

Regular Contributor

It not about the delivery date, bu more with when was the certificate generated and when does it expire.

To be frank I'm not that familiar with certificates at all.

That said if the certificate was generated when the your FOS level was compiled or installed, yeah it may already have expired although you bought the switch brand new.

The fact the JRE is also crucial doesn't help.

If you're able to generate a new cert you should be ok, is it possible I don't know.

In general I find it a pain to work with Certs from appliances and also FC switches from BRCD as FQDN does not match, security levels do not match FRE dependencies etc.

What I generally do is disregard those Certs if I really need webtools, but 99% of the time I use CLI.

I got 2 new HP switch model P/N AM868B with the same problem with Explorer 9 or the latest version of Firefox. Could someone help about the exacte procedure to resolve this problem ?

Thanks,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.