Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Problem Connecting Switches

I have a Brocade SilkWorm II and a Dell PowerVault 50F that I'm trying to connect together, but I get a segmented SAN. Here's what I see on the SilkWorm II:

Occasional Contributor

Re: Problem Connecting Switches

I don't think you have Fabric Manager (and its merge compatiblity check feature?), so try to check all the switch parameters manually - they must be compatible. And change this Domain 0 to something >=2 (because you have domain 1 on the second switch). I'm not sure what's the Brocade's nomenclature for PowerValuts, etc., but hope you're sure they're compatible with each other?!-Chrisl (bcfp)

New Contributor

I guess you have an ISL between port0 and port 5 on the powervault?You might have to look at the fabricos version so they are the same on the switches

N/A

INcompatible on an E port cna be many things. I don't think the domain issue is it. Are you sure the GBICS are the same (i.e. both shortwave) Also, is one switch a 2gb, and one a 1 GB, then the corepid values need to be 1 on both. Also, the switchrole vlaues of master nad principal is interesting. It may point to an OS incompatibility. Anyway - good luck

N/A

One time I saw "incompatible" was when I had one switch licensed for Extended Fabrics and the other was not...

Contributor

It can be :If you have the WebTools license on both switches, you should try to download the Fabric Manager Evaluation, it has a merge utility included, it will tell you what is wrong.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.