Fibre Channel (SAN)

dj1
Contributor

Port 0 port faulted due to SFP validation failure. Please check if the SFP is valid for the configuration.

Hi All,

I am in the process of configuring two new HP StorageWorks 8/24 SAN Switches. When I plug in the SFPs I get the following error

"Port 0 port faulted due to SFP validation failure. Please check if the SFP is valid for the configuration."

I have upgraded the FOS to v6.4.1b but still get the error, I have also tried SFP's from existing switch which I know to be good.

All the SFP's (new and old) are 4GB and all have the same HP part number A7446B.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

D

External Moderator

Re: Port 0 port faulted due to SFP validation failure. Please check if the SFP is valid for the configuration.

This is 4GB Certified Brocade SFP and should work

have you tried to test another SFP ?

and is the error perist only on Port 0 or all Port ?

TechHelp24
Regular Contributor

Re: Port 0 port faulted due to SFP validation failure. Please check if the SFP is valid for the configuration.

Hi dmccann,

contrary to the previous response from another forum member, HP A7446B SFPs are not supported in 8G B-Series platforms.

The following shortwave modules are supported in StorageWorks 8/24:

= AJ715A, which is 4G SFP module, or

= AJ716A, which is 8G SFP+ module that supports 4G connectivity as well.

Please refer to HP SPOCK (Single Point of Connectivity Knowledge) web site at h20272.www2.hp.com for further details.

Hope this helps,

Linar

External Moderator

Linar,

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

I've installed exact 7 day ago Brocade Label 4GB SFP in Brocade 5100, and this work fine.

maybe is this HP Part Number not supported but not generally that 4G SFP are not supported in 8G Plattforms.

TechHelp24
Regular Contributor

Hi dmccann

here is another link that sounds this SFP is not supported on 8G platform, according to HP OEM :

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/me/en/sm/WF06c/A1-329290-64274-64484-64484-3328566-1833395.html

All 4G SFPs I've tested on Brocade 8G switches / 8G FC cards had to be Brocade branded to work.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

--

david

dj1
Contributor

Thanks all for you replies.

As it turns out the 4Gb SFP (HP P/N A7446B) is not supported on 8Gb HP B-Series  (Brocade) products.

Thanks again for you help.

D

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.