Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Password reset required

Hello,

We have recently purchased a Brocade Silkworm 3800 from ebay and it has a password on it. No one knows the password so wondered if there was a way of resetting the password to a default one or one I can specify?

Thanks

Wayne 

Super Contributor

Re: Password reset required

3800 is very old SW. it is eol and eos also. it is not worthy to buy it.

Btw, you can log in as root and pwd is password /fibranne

and set the other admin and user password: by passwddefault

or you have to recover the password thorugh bootprom.pls find the doc for the same.

If you find it correct pls correct the thread

New Contributor

Thanks, I've managed to login as root. If I use the passwd "user" command for the admin user, it prompts me for the old password which I don't know.

For some reason I can't access your attachment?

Super Contributor

wayne,

to reset the password you need from Brocade Support a special Password Recovery String File, this can only be obtained with Active Maintenance Contract.

The central problem is here follow: All VxWorks Brocade Based switches, are End of Life, End of Sales, and End of Support.

With other word, you cannot reset the switch without this password recovery string, and the DOC File posted is "uselessly".

I'm sorry to say, but this one here is the only realistic answer at you Problem.

Workaround: you need to buy aother switch.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Super Contributor

Now that you have bought it, nobody can help you other than the vendor, from whom you have bought the SW.When they are selling the old SWs, they must help you. The passwords are should be with them. Otherwise try these docs.I am sending again

Super Contributor

@ hemant

I assume you have read accurately my latest answer ?

The central problem is here follow: All VxWorks Brocade Based switches, are End of Life, End of Sales, and End of Support.

With other word, you cannot reset the switch without this password recovery string, and the DOC File posted is "uselessly".

Super Contributor

In my environment, I have 12 3800 SWs in 6 DCs, still we are getting support, but from other vendors with whom we have AMC, not from principal vendors . We are going to remove these SWs in a few months. And the vendors are in line to buy those in order to sell those.I do believe still 3800 SWs are used in environment like us. The problem here is they have bought from e-bay, now nobody can help them.

Super Contributor

--->>> .....now nobody can help them.

Fine, and wich sense make the DOC File you have posted here ?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.