Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Password recovery for Brocade 300 SAN switch?

We lost all passwords on our Brocade 300E.  I've gone through the normal procedure of booting to the BOOT PROM command line and running printenv commands to get the OSLoader string.  On getting this, I tried 'boot <osloader string> -s to get to the # prompt where the actual password recovery can be done. But the switch just boots to the normal prompt asking for same password we don't have (which we are trying to recover). Any clues? Please help.

Super Contributor

Re: Password recovery for Brocade 300 SAN switch?

Default Brocade Root Pwd:fibranne, try it and set all other passwords.

to reset all passowrd you must obtain from Brocade a fos password recovery file, this can be obtain only if you have a Support contract.

BTW keep the password in a secure location. Do not play with this.

If you find the answer correct pls make it correct

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Hemant.  But even the root password was changed - 'fibranne'  - default for root -  doesn't open it up. The factory, user and admin passwords were also changed from default.  We bought the switch through a service provider - Huawei - we do not have details of the contract as to get Brocade help us - any more ideas?

Super Contributor

have you tried to change everything to factorydefault

I think you have to take brocade help. BTW always remember that while byuing brocade SW take the root password from the vendor. This is different from default root PWD.Anyway if somebody can help in this forum.

Occasional Contributor

yeah... I inherited the scenario - the password was lost before I resumed work here.  The former admin said they run a periodic password change on the SAN infrastructure. But he's forgotten the password now. But I've tried recovering the password using the printenv, boot <osloader> -s etc procedure posted on this site by Brocade but the switch doesn't boot to the # prompt as the procedure says it should. It boots to the login prompt asking me for the same password I wish to recover.  Thanks a lot for your help

External Moderator

--->>> <osloader> -s etc procedure posted on this site by Brocade but the switch doesn't boot to the # prompt as the procedure says it should. It boots to the login prompt asking me for the same password I wish to recover.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi Techhelp,

please what do you mean by -02 password recovery procedure?  please could you post the procedure or refer me to a weblink where I can get it?  Many thanks.

External Moderator

no content

Message was edited by: TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, dear - I thought as much too but all the google sites I checked kept saying "The item  does not exist.  It might have been deleted."

Please could you send it to my mailbox: ouchway@yahoo.com

Occasional Contributor

please help, dears.  I've got just the rest of today as deadline to recover the switch.  Anyone with the -02 Password Recovery Document? Please help.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.