Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Password corruption after v6.1.0 downgrade

Hi,

I have a 4020 switch module in the back of a H-Class IBM BladeCentre. It's a new device and it came with 6.2.2b firmware and I need to downgrade it to 5.3.1a. I ran the upgrade procedure to take it to 6.1.0 which worked fine - however now I cannot log onto the device -non of the supposed default userid and passwords get me back onto the box .

login/passwords used:

admin/password

admin/passw0rd

root/fibranne

root/password

root/passw0rd

root/fibre annie

root/root

admin/admin

Are there any known issues for password corruption going down to 6.1.0 ? and if not - what is the password recovery procedure for a 4020 I/O module switch.

Many thanks for your help all !

Regards.

Super Contributor

Re: Password corruption after v6.1.0 downgrade

All username and password you listed here are incorrect.

For Blade Switch, is the corect username and pwd as below.

• Initial default user ID = USERID
  • password = PASSWORD

or see this DOC

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

New Contributor

Hi, my appologies, I should have added those to my list of passwords I'd tried and that didn't work. Are there any others and also, is it a known issue - password corruption ?

The links don't seem to mention password recovery for and I/O module blade ?

Many thanks for your advice so far.

Regards

External Moderator

--->>>.......I'd tried and that didn't work.

--->>>Are there any others and also, is it a known issue - password corruption ?

this is not a pwd corruption during FOS Downgrade, probable a default password for USERID account was changed.

You need to login as

USERID and the current pwd.

--->>>The links don't seem to mention password recovery...

they don't ask for password recovery in the original threads.

for password recovery see this DOC here.

For serial port you need to use the Chassis Serial Port.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the document link, I have a call open with IBM to get me console access to the I/O modules, as it currently only appears to work for the Blades in the chassis.

As to the password issue - I'm the admin and I can confirm the passwords were not set before these I/O mods were downgraded. These mods are brand new and I tested all the logon ID's before starting the downgrade. Also, just to prove this to myself, I tested the default passwords on the  second new Brocade I/O module I have in this chassis, they worked fine. I then did the down grade from 6.2.2 to 6.1.0, tried to log on to the second blade and it locked me out.

There is something going on in the downgrade and I don't think it's as simple as a forgotten password.

Regards

New Contributor

With regard to getting console access to the 4020 via the H Class chassis I saw one of the Brocade experts on this forum on another post reply to a similar question with the following ?

"Is correct 4020 don't have a external Serial Port, you must connect trough the BladeCenter Serial Port, reboot  and select in Boot menu Slot option in order to boot into the appropriate Blade/Blade slot..."

Can anyone on this forum expand on this and detail the process around rebooting the H Class and what menu's you're presented with that allow console access to the 4020.

Many thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.