Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Need an assistance to replace the failed 4900 brocade switch with new one ..

[ Edited ]
Hi,
I have been using a brocade 4900 switch,which has hardware failure and decided to replace with a new exact model.
Please let me know the complete procedure to replace and transfer the licenses from old to new switch..
Awaiting for your quick reply..
External Moderator

Re: Need an assistance to replace the failed 4900 brocade switch with new one ..

m.jaganathan@hcl.com

--->>>Please let me know the complete procedure to replace and transfer the licenses from old to new switch..

License replacement ( called License Transer ) is available only when a - under maintenance - defective switches was replaced by Brocade or OEM Vendor.

if you have a Active Maintenance Contract for the switch in question contact you Supplier or OEM, he can provice for license transer.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: Need an assistance to replace the failed 4900 brocade switch with new one ..

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Unfortunately we did not have any contract with OEM vendor or brocade.This switch to be replaced by ourself.
Kindly help us.
External Moderator

m.jaganathan@hcl.com

only brocade support can provide for license transfer, and as said the procedure is only available by replacement under warranty or with active maintenance contract.

I'm sorry, but we cannot assist with such a request in the community.

Additional FYI,  Brocade 4900 is since February 28, 2014 End of Service/Support.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.