Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Mixed switch SAN firmware upgrade

I have two fabrics build around 2 - 3800 switches running v3.2.0 firmware and 1 - 4020 blade center switch running 5.0.4a firmware. I am planning on upgrading the firmware on both types of switches:

External Moderator

Re: Mixed switch SAN firmware upgrade

Hi Stuart,,-&gt;&gt;&gt; Yes, is work. Beetwen v5.0.4 and v5.0.5 was only fixed reported and no change in the FabOS release.<BR><BR>For exact details see the Appropriate release Notes both FabOS 3.x and 5.x, by Defect Closed.<BR> <BR>2. Any known interoperability issues with this combination of OS's? (I haven't found any)<BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; Latest Compatibility Matrix can be Download here:-&gt;&gt;&gt; Upgrade First both 4020 Blade switch v5.0.5a ( by the way the latest is v5.0.5c ) after upgarde is completed upgrade teh both 3800. <BR><BR><BR>4. I will be upgrading one fabric at a time, and plan on checking HBA connectivity after each upgrade before continuing. What system checks should I pursue? (HP-UX and Windows environments)<BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; see here in the compatibility Matrix is the HBA Firmware/Bios and Driver are Approved whit the new FabOS, but probably is work.Stuart

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.