Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Migrating switch configuration to a new Brocade 5300

Hi All,

We currently have 2 x 4GB IBM brocade switches which I would like to migrate their configuration to 2 x 8GB Brocade 5300 switches.  I have been searching for some doco's but havent had any luck so far.

Is it possible to backup my current configuration and then move all existing fabrics to the new switch (in any port order) and then import the backuped configuration and have it detect where all the WWN's are connected?

If not what are your suggestions for migrating to a new switch?

Cheers,

Frequent Contributor

Re: Migrating switch configuration to a new Brocade 5300

Hi ramonlloyd

>Is it possible to backup my current configuration and then move all existing fabrics to the new switch (in any port order) and then import the backuped >configuration and have it detect where all the WWN's are connected?

I would add the switches into your exisiting Fabric that you have ( there is s detailed post in the fourms somewhere already on this process)

Then your all your zoning information will be passed over to your new switches , then you could slowly migrate the hosts of your older switches.

This will also allow you move over your hosts into any port order on the new switch .

David

New Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for your responce,  is the fabric OS level going to pose any issues in this process as I have one switch at 5.2 and the new ones at 6.2?

Thanks,

Ramon

Frequent Contributor

Hi Ramon.

I don't believe this would case any issues , but I would get your old switch up to 6.2 just so everything is nice and talks to each other.( just in case)

David

External Moderator

--->>>...is the fabric OS level going to pose any issues in this process as I have one switch at 5.2 and the new ones at 6.2?

FOS 5.3.1b is a Minimum Requiered and Supported Rel, in 2 and 4 GB Switches in order to Operate with FOS 6.2.x with 8 GB Hardware

for exact details, see the Release Notes.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.