Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
daniel.gomezperez

Merge conflict?

Hi all !!

I have to perform a merge (two Fabrics(1switch by Fabric):  Fabric_A and  Fabric_B), the switches have different Domain ID, different name, different IP, the same OS ver, 3 meters between switches, ports for ISL ready but not enable in both FC ends, all ready!!

But:

Fabric_A members:

Ali_1

Ali_2

Zone_1 (Ali_1 and Ali_2)

ZoneSet name Defined and Effective:  ZoneSet_1

Fabric_B members:

Ali_3

Ali_4

Zone_2 (Ali_3 and Ali_4)

Without making any changes, I believe that by joining the two Fabric by ISL, will be segmented (because zonesets has the same name but different members) and Merge will not correctly, am I right?

If I´m right, the simplest solution might be the following (For a small number of zones and aliases):

1º CREATE Alias and Zones in Fabric-A.

Fabric_A members:

Ali_1

Ali_2

Zone_1 (Ali_1 and Ali_2)

Ali_3

Ali_4

Zone_2 (Ali_3 and Ali_4)

2º CREATE Alias and Zones in Fabric-B.

Fabric_B members:

Ali_1

Ali_2

Zone_1 (Ali_1 and Ali_2)

Ali_3

Ali_4

Zone_2 (Ali_3 and Ali_4)

**Now FABRIC A and Fabric B have the same Zones Name, Zone Members and Order ZoneSet Member and the same ZoneSet name**

3º Enable the ISL Ports.

Is there a simpler solution (manually)?

Thanks and Regards team.

Dany Gómez.

Contributor
sebastian.thaele

Re: Merge conflict?

Looks good. If it's not just a few zones, install the test version or Pro version of BNA or DCFM and let the software merge them.

Occasional Contributor
daniel.gomezperez

Hi Sebastian, thanks for your answer.

I thought that the test version or Pro version of BNA or DCFM haven´t enable the Merge feature, and I thought that these free version worked with only one Fabric.

I's not correct?

If I need a Merge, I need that the software work with minimun two Fabrics.....

Regards.

Dany.

Contributor
sebastian.thaele

Umm... that could be the case. I'm not sure if the pro version is sufficient, because it can handle only 1 fabric and at the moment you have two. For the test version I was under the impression that it should have the feature. But as we have the normal versions in our lab, I can't be sure. Maybe anyone out of the round could give a better advice...

Occasional Contributor
daniel.gomezperez

Hi Sebastian, could you give me your opinion to:

Without making any changes, I believe that by joining the two Fabric by ISL, will be segmented (because zonesets has the same name but different members, zones and alias) and Merge will not be correctly, am I right?

Thanks.

Dany

Antonio Bongiorno TechHelp24

If you want to merge TWO pre-configured Switch, both cfg must be identically otherwise you get merge conflict.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.