Fibre Channel (SAN)

Regular Visitor

McData M4500 aka DS-24M2 Management Network Connectivty IP Stack lost after upgrade to latest

Hi. We currently have four very old McData FC switches which we are in the process of  moving off of. I recently upgraded the switches to last release of firmware e/os9.9 . After about 12 hours post upgrade we suddenly lost our management connectivty to each of the four management IP addresses. Upon research I was able to find some information regarding a possible solution to resolve the issue. The solution I found had me connect to the serial port and change the IP address to something different using ipconfig, save the config, then change it back. That did not work. I was able to set my laptop up on the same subment as the switches and used a crossover cable to connect to the management port. I then proceeded to use the web gui to change the network addresses using the same procedure as outlined before and then proceed to change them back. Doing it through the web gui seemed to fix the problem, or so I thought. After several hours I tried to once again access the swithces via the network and then once again lost network connectivity. It seems as if the IP stack is being lost or something similar. I could really use some help. I'm in a bind.

New Contributor

Re: McData M4500 aka DS-24M2 Management Network Connectivty IP Stack lost after upgrade to latest

Hi there,

Was anyone ever able to answer this question?  I am having the very same issue.  The only thing that resolves this, seems to be a reboot.  Can someone please comment on a viable solution for these switches?  Firmware upgrade, KB article of known Bug, etc..

Thanks!

Steven

External Moderator

Re: McData M4500 aka DS-24M2 Management Network Connectivty IP Stack lost after upgrade to latest

Steven,

First at all

McData Switches are since many years End of Life and end of Support.

About EOS upgrade, this is supported from version x to version y, like the procedure by native Brocade Plattforms, excepted some EOS release, you can overseed the Release however the Switch must be set before Upgrade is started in Disable Mode.

Now is a question:

what for EXACTILY Release you have start the upgrade from->to ?

and what happened when the switch start ?

I need exact details, so I can try - no warranty - to help you with the issue.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.