Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

May FC-switch 6505 (FOS 7.1.0.A) join a fabric running on FOS 6.4.3.b?

Hello,

after reading a lot of documentation I would try to get some help here.

I would like to ask if a 6505 switch running on fos 7.1.0a may join a running fabric, concerning of two 4100 and two 5100, all four running on fos 6.4.3b?

The connection will be done between the 6505  and the 5100, using 8 GBit connectors.

Best regards

Andreas Weis

Valued Contributor

Re: May FC-switch 6505 (FOS 7.1.0.A) join a fabric running on FOS 6.4.3.b?

Hi there,

You will not have any problems in connecting a 6505 to the existing fabric. Those switchs models and FOS releases should co-exist in the same fabric without issues.

Rgds,

F

Contributor

Re: May FC-switch 6505 (FOS 7.1.0.A) join a fabric running on FOS 6.4.3.b?

Hi Andreas,

I would say follow the best practices which doesn't mean that it will not work but sometimes having different FOS within fabric can cause bugs to vindicate that kind of design , Why can't you upgrade the FOS on other switches, I believe it is non-disruptive but two hop upgrade if I remember correct.If you have any issues in future, the first thing brocade will ask you is - Upgrade other switches for sure, there can be other reasons like the way portcfgfillword works on different FOS , Please check and follow best practices whenever possible.

Cheers

RB

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.