Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Management Interface route on 6510

Hi All,

I'm new with Brocade and switches. I have setup the management ip address, subnet as well as the gateway for remote access. I have tested the connection of ssh/telnet/http directly (direct connection) and its all fine. Now when we connect to our network, we are unable to access the management ip even ping. Our network admin ask if we can setup a static route for the switch? Is that possible? Is the ip route command is the trick?

I did some search on the website and I can only find the way using in-band access using the rbridge-id.

thanks

External Moderator

Re: Management Interface route on 6510

you cannot set routing parameters on management interface.

you need simple to configured th emanagement port from command line  with the command "ipaddrset"

if the switch is not reachable, then you have a Network issue.

post please output from

"ipaddrshow"

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks Antonio for the confirmation.

I managed to set the ip address using "ipaddrset" command. I can ping and ssh on the switch when connected directly but unreachable when connected to our network.

I will advise our network administrator that routing parameters are not possible for management interface.

External Moderator

check the port on you ethernet switch if is set correct , speed / auto negotiation.

check the cable or replace

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.