Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

M8428-K Reset / Recover Admin Password

I work in a lab environment where equipment is shared around between different departments. I have received this switch, and nobody can remember the password they set on it. I have the ability to console into the pre-boot environment but not log into the switch to manage the fabric and the ports.

What is the method for reseting the admin password, or clearing the config and maintaining the licenses from the console pre-boot environment?

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Con

Re: M8428-K Reset / Recover Admin Password

i have the same problem .. can someone help us please??

Brocade Moderator

Re: M8428-K Reset / Recover Admin Password

Hi,

you have to recover via the front plane RJ45 serial console port - force a reboot and use the procedure in the password recovery docuemnt. And us the "Password recovery procedure for Brocade 300, 5100, 5300 switches...." in the following documents (found in the community via google search):

FOS_Password_Recovery_Notes.pdf

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.