Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

M6140 questions...

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I placed this where it made the most sense, since it's an EOL product.  I've got an EMC ED-140M (the McDATA Intrepid 6140/Brocade M6140) and I would like to upgrade the version of M-EOS that is on it to the latest available.  In the process, I'd also like to acquire a list of licenses associated with the device serial number.  EMC is completely disinterested in even responding to me, and I doubt very much Brocade will either, but since McDATA is now a Brocade IP I thought I'd ask here if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction who I might email or call to get some updates and license information.  I had thought Brocade had a tool, a few years ago that I had used to determine licenses on another Brocade FC switch I own, but that tool appears to be gone.  Anyone have some ideas on where I might go for these EOL devices?

External Moderator

Re: M6140 questions...

In short form...

--->>>I had thought Brocade had a tool, a few years ago that I had used to determine licenses on another Brocade FC switch I own, but that tool appears to be gone.  Anyone have some ideas on where I might go for these EOL devices?

Any such tools is not available, and you cannot move Liceense from one switch to another.

License can be moved only from Brocade if the switch under Maintenance Contract, such question as be answered here at several time.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.