Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Loopback Port Type

I have a MPX 110 switch connected to port 5 on 2 brocades (the 2nd being the failover).

I just noticed on the 2nd brocade the port type states Loopback->5. The 1st Brocade shows L-Port.

Port#      Port Id      Port Name         Port Type          Speed (Gb/s) Port Status Health 
5(0x5) 0x0B0500 MPX110-FCIP       L-Port                 N2                   Online     Unmonitored 
5(0x5) 0x150500 MPX110-FCIP    Loopback->5         N2                   Online     Unmonitored  

What is this loopback type referring to? Is there something I need to configure or change on the port side?

thank you!

Contributor

Re: Loopback Port Type

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you.

so I need to execute the following commands on my mpx110 switch to configure the ports where MPX110 is connected as Gport and enable ISL mode?

B-Switch# switchdisable
B-Switch# iodset
B-Switch# aptpolicy 1
B-Switch# portcfgislmode 5,1 (5 being the port the FCIP gateway is plugged into)
B-Switch# portcfggport 5,1
B-Switch# switchenable

Do I do this on both my mpx110 locations (local and remote) or just local?

thank you.

Contributor

I have portdisabled and portenabled on my brocade and the status went from loopback to In_Sync however on my mpx110 it still states

FCIP Link Status                              Down

what could the issue be?

Contributor

In this case, I would recommend to contact product vendor.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.