Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Long distance licensing SAN Switch

Hi all.

I have a question regarding my connection between two SAN Switch's currently the 22km distance of separation.

To connect and share the same settings only need the license of "exteded fabric"? or license must also have the "Full Fabric"?

Switch attached licenses.

Switch1:admin> licenseshow

RySQQScQcSzXRRd:

First Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license

bSbQbczedScTcRcj:

Extended Fabric license

gLTaZDgY9SABJFLRJRfNWtYHrZNaNmmtBJP9Q:

8 Gig FC license

Switch2:admin> licenseshow

yeQebSbdRzfVfco:

First Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license

bzRz9yzd99c0S0AF:

Extended Fabric license

GHZ7a4R494HBDYtJrZXRA3ttfD4ZGAARBSKaN:

8 Gig FC license

Thanks for your reply.

greetings.
Felipe Cisternas.

External Moderator

Re: Long distance licensing SAN Switch

Fabric License is mandatory in order to ISL = Inter Switch Link TWO or more switch.

TechHelp24
Regular Contributor

might help you.

'Full Fabric' - I believe this is one of HP's Bundles of licenses you can have added to a switch when you buy it.

Perhaps you could find out which licenses this includes?

I believe the link above helps somewhat, but it's not really a definite resource - and perhaps the content differ between the switch models?

After that you could see what the individual licenses provide. You can find the description of each license in the "Fabric OS Administrator's Guide".

Message was edited by: Johan Guldmyr (actually meant to reply to original poster)

Frequent Contributor

As far as I know you'll need both. Full Fabric license is the normal Fabric license. I think the name just comes from the old entry model switches where you could have a license that only allow 2 switches in the fabric.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.