Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Logon issue after LDAP configuration

Hi all,

We enabled LDAP authentication on a number of DCX switches. At the command line the LDAP authentication worked perfectly. Additionally, if LDAP authenticaion did not work it defaulted to local, which is what we wanted initially. LDAP also work for the GUI. The problem is local authention would not  work for the GUI, DCFM was also unable to talk to some switches.

After disabling LDAP we can still logon using the command line, as expected, the switches were manageable in DCFM again but, we still can't get to the switches via the GUI. This issue effects us whether we launch webtools directly or through DCFM.

Any ideas?

EDIT: FOS v6.4.1a, but it was v6.4.0b when LDAP was enabled.

Chris

Super Contributor

Re: Logon issue after LDAP configuration

Hello Chris,

check if you are affected by DEFECT000288021 which is fixed in FOS 6.4.1b.

In my case it has fixed some issues like yours. DCFM can now login without any issues after I have installed 6.4.1b (coming from 6.4.1a)

If this fix your issue please mark the thread as correct. This will help other user.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

New Contributor

Hi Andreas,

That looks liekt the issue alright, but we have upgraded to v6.4.1b and still ahve the issue. Are there any steps that need to be taken after the upgrade?

Chris

Super Contributor

Hello Chris,

after the update I had removed and discoverd the affected fabric once again in DCFM.

Andreas

New Contributor

OK, I haven't done that, but would removing it from and re-adding to DCFM have an effect on trying to log in directly tthrough the GUI?

Chris

Super Contributor

No this will not have an effect on the Web GUI.

Finally I have no idea what to is going wrong.

Sorry,

Andreas

New Contributor

Hi Andreas,

It is a bit of a tricky one... The defect seems to fit, but is not quite right. I will open a support ticket and see what happens. I will update the thread when I have an answer.

Thank you for your reponses.

Chris

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.