Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Logical port numbering issue.

I have an issue, where when I go into zone administrator to build aliases, my hosts are logged into the switch but the logical port number is 8 off. I'm expecting logical port 273, and can see my hosts logged in to that expected port (physical 2/33), but when I go to port administration to select the WWN for my alias, the WWN is actually showing on logical port 153 (physical 2/25). I'm off by a count of eight. I thought it may have something to do with the virtual fabrics, but I haven't even enabled virtual fabric on this DCX yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark.

Super Contributor

Re: Logical port numbering issue.

Hi,

could you pls put the switchshow output here.pls mention which type of blade you hav eon DCX, e.g. FC8-16/32/48

New Contributor

Hello. These are FC8/48 cards. I have this same issue in 2 different DCXs, and I'm starting to think it is a FOS issue (I'm running v6.2.1b). The only place there is an issue is when you try to zone from the zone admin screen in WebTools. The logical port numbers are correct everywhere in WebTools, except the zone admin screen. I've also gone in to the DCXs using DCFM, and things appear correctly there too. I have several other DCXs running v6.1.1d, and this isn't an issue in any of them.

New Contributor

The answer to my question has been found. See attachment.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.