Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Locked G port

Hi Experts ,

We have 2 data centers , each contains 4 FOS. The FOS are located as below:

DC:                                     
-----
FIS005 (uplink switch connected to a very very old MPX110 ISCSI router on FC1 port )
FIS009
FIS006 (uplink switch connected to a very very old MPX110 ISCSI router on FC2 port)
FIS010

DR:
----
FIS007(uplink switch connected to a very very old MPX110 ISCSI router on FC 1 port )
FIS011
FIS008 (uplink switch connected to a very very old MPX110 ISCSI router on FC2 port)
FIS012

there should be 2 fabrics (Fabric 1 composing of FIS005,9,7,11  and Fabric 2 composing of FIS006,10,8,12). fabric 2 is up and no problem. Fabric 1 after a power cut in our data center has become segmented Smiley Sad , which means i see 5 and 9 in one fabric and 7,11 in the other , when i compared the zone details for 5 and 7 there were discrepencies. (as you can guess by now that 5 and 7 pair forms FCIP route 1 for DC to DR communication and 6 and 8 pair forms FCIP route 2 for DC to DR communication). I took some time and then created the conflicting zones and compared the zones again on 5 and 7 - this time they looked identical. I disabled and enabled the uplink ports on 5 and 7 .. but alas , the issue still persists. I don know what is going wrong. In MPX manager i can see both the paths are looking ok , the LED on the switch port is solid green when i check web tools it says locked G port. What else can i do ???????? please help me if you need any more information i can provide.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Locked G port

Also, i am wondering if you can provide me an alternate replication solution here please. I hate these jurassic MPX devices and would like to propose some cool new gen product to our management.

External Moderator

Re: Locked G port

show here, however you should provide for more info about Brocade Switch Type/model and FOS release.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=454668&docId=emr_na-c01704175&docLocale=en_US

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.