Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Issues with executing lscfg config command on a brocade director

[ Edited ]

I am getting the following error message when I try to move a port from one logical fabric to another. Is this something anyone have come across before ?

mdw01-dcx8510-1:FID127:admin> lscfg --config 1 -slot 2 -port 47

This operation requires that the affected ports be disabled.

Would you like to continue [y/n]?: y

Making this configuration change.  Please wait...

lscfg:  The system is not ready for Logical Switch management operations as support save is currently in progress. Please try again after supportsave completes.

mdw01-dcx8510-1:FID127:admin>

I see no pending zoning transactions.

mdw01-dcx8510-1:FID127:admin> cfgtransshow
There is no outstanding zoning transaction
mdw01-dcx8510-1:FID127:admin> setcontext 1
mdw01-dirsan-1:FID1:admin> cfgtransshow
There is no outstanding zoning transaction

Brocade Moderator

Re: Issues with executing lscfg config command on a brocade director

Hi Sylvester,

from the error message it sounds like you have supportsave running in the background. You have to wait until the supportsave is finished. Or if you have no running supportsave, you might have an interrupted supportsave - in this case running a haFailover/haReboot might very well clean that state. What does 'errshow -r' show once it is run directly after the lscfg command?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Hi Martin,

We ran a successfull supportsave again, and then we were able to move the port. So,yes, looks like there was some pending,interrupted supportsave in the background, and running a new one killed it.

Thankyou...

Valued Contributor

Sylvester, when a supportsave starts in parallel with another supportsave already running, the starting supportsave will complain in the same way as your initial lscfg command. So i think the issue was different. Most likely some lock file wasn't cleared after previous supportsave invocation. And the second launch of supportsave cleared the lock.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.