Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to find the WWN of an FCoE device

Like the subject states, I want to know if it is possible to find out the WWN of a FCoE device  connected to the swich. Is this possible using commands from the switch?

Thanks!

Brocade Moderator

Re: Is it possible to find the WWN of an FCoE device

Hi,

yes it is possible. That is what the name service is for.

What kind of switch are we talking about - model/name - and FOS/NOS version, please?

And is local devices or remote devices?

For example, for a 8000 with FCOE devices, this works for a 8000

switch:admin> switchshow

Or if we are in cmsh mode on a 8000 

Switch-cmsh# fos switchshow

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi and thanks for oyur response,

Yes, the switch I am using is the Brocade 8000.

I have tried the commands you told me, and it doesn't seem like the device is registering in the name server. The led of the port that it is plugged into is green though, and I have made sure the vlan the port is configured to is on "fcf forward".

I ran the "show interface" command in cmsh mode, and  the port I am connected to says that the TenGigabitEthernet port is up and the line protocol is up (connected). 

I have no clue as to why the connected device won't register in the name server.

Thanks for your help.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

if the FCOE port was logged into the name server, you would have seen

9   030900   --    10G   Online     FCoE VF-Port  1 VN-Port(s) 

And you could have used

fcoe --loginshow 9

to look at the logged in port.  To which port is the device connected? Please provide  output from

firmwareshow

fcoe --cfgshow

fcoe --fipscfg

fcoelogincfg --show

And the attached the output  from

show running-config

please

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.