Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
sajith_1

Is it possible to create ISL using four links as shown in the following diagram?

ISL.jpgHello experts,

I just want know if it is possible to create three ISLs using four FC links for each as shown in the following diagram.

Your thoughts and inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
TechHelp24

Re: Is it possible to create ISL using four links as shown in the following diagram?

The design you post here, called "Mesh" ( is suggested for Small Fabric ) but very complexed if you want later to expand with more switch.

yes, you can use more ISL and or ISL/Trunking

In a case you want to Trunk, all switch must have Trunking License Installed.

Without Trunking License more than TWO ISL is called DPS/EBR = Dynamic Path Selection/Exchanged Based Routing

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor
oscar.reina.ext

Re: Is it possible to create ISL using four links as shown in the following diagram?

I have a question: What is better: 2 x 2 isl trunks? or 1x 4 isl trunks between two switches?

Occasional Contributor
sajith_1

Well, that would be my next question.. I assume 1x4 is better. However, I need proofs/justifications from the experts in the community.

Trusted Contributor
TechHelp24

Oscar,

--->>>What is better: 2 x 2 isl trunks? or 1x 4 isl trunks between two switches?

we discussed any similarly Q. time ago, see this Thread please.

http://community.brocade.com/message/25279#25279

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.