Fibre Channel (SAN)

Frequent Visitor

Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

i am Using Solarwinds NPM / NCM to monitor my Network. i have around 70 Broacade switches. i am polling the switch for CPU and Memory Utilization. around 50% of switches did not respond to OID. and getting error as unsupported OID.

i found that the switch which does not respond do not have Fiber watch License.

Switch details: Model No: HP B-series 8/24c BladeSystem SAN SwitchBrocade SilkWorm Switch ver
OID details :    1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.26.1 cpu used / 1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.26.6 Memory used

Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

First check your FOS code level on each of these switches and make sure that you have loaded the MIBs associated with that level. In 99% of cases this is the problem.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

New Contributor

Re: Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

Hi,

I think you're right.

For my switches, the only that responds at the OID query have theses licenses :

• Extended Fabric
  • Fabric Watch
  • Performance Monitor
  • Trunking
  • Adaptive Networking
  • Server Application Optimization

$ snmpwalk  -v1 -c public   -m ALL  <switch without licenses>    swCpuorMemoryUsage

(nothing returned)

$ snmpwalk  -v1 -c public   -m ALL  <switch with licenses>         swCpuorMemoryUsage
SW-MIB::swCpuUsage.0 = INTEGER: 5
SW-MIB::swCpuNoOfRetries.0 = INTEGER: 3
SW-MIB::swCpuUsageLimit.0 = INTEGER: 75
SW-MIB::swCpuPollingInterval.0 = INTEGER: 120 seconds
SW-MIB::swCpuAction.0 = INTEGER: 0 seconds
SW-MIB::swMemUsage.0 = INTEGER: 38
SW-MIB::swMemNoOfRetries.0 = INTEGER: 3
SW-MIB::swMemUsageLimit.0 = INTEGER: 60
SW-MIB::swMemPollingInterval.0 = INTEGER: 120 seconds
SW-MIB::swMemAction.0 = INTEGER: 0 seconds
SW-MIB::swMemUsageLimit1.0 = INTEGER: 40
SW-MIB::swMemUsageLimit3.0 = INTEGER: 70

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.