Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Inconsistent firmware versions on partitions on brocade switch

Dear All,

We have IBM Blade chassis H with IO module brocade switch with below issue

Inconsistent firmware versions on partitions

Have tried firmwarecommit and firmwarerestore commands already with no success.

I want to know how can we have same version on both primary and secondary partitions?

What is the impact of staying on different version in the same switch?

Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Inconsistent firmware versions on partitions on brocade switch

What the firmware commit says? You don't have to attach screenshots, BTW. It's enough to post the plain text.
Occasional Contributor

finally i am able to have both at same fw level, But i get firmware download is in progress message, when i check status.

Can this be considered OK?

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

it's not considered ok and will most likely prevent future FOS upgrades. What did you do to to get both partitions upgraded after last status? Is it still showing firmwaredownload in progress?

TL

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Occasional Contributor

I ran below command and  download  v7.1.2b

firmwaredownload -sf

We are not looking for further upgrades.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

its hard to tell what caused the firmwareupgrade to still run. Options might be to hareboot the switch or as a last approach try killing the running process ID under root.

TL

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Occasional Contributor

Kindly guide how to "try killing the running process ID under root"
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

have you tried the hareboot?

Killing processes under root can be risky and should only be done when support personel reviewed the data and provided an action plan. I would advise you to open a case with your support provider to be on the save side.

TL

Occasional Contributor

ok,will try hareboot only

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.