Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

In my brocade 300 san Switch I do not find the "fabric License", I need to enable the E port for ISL

I have 2 Brocade 300 SAN switches, working in the existing environment. Recently we purchased 2 more additional SAN switches to be connected to the existing 300 model for ISL.

One switch got into ISL without any issues, while the other switch got segmented, after checking various parameters, found out that the segmented switch does not have "fabric license", to my understanding it should be available by default.

How to get the license of the "Fabric license", since I have misplaced my transaction document.

Any info on the same is highly appreciated.

Brocade Moderator

Re: In my brocade 300 san Switch I do not find the "fabric License", I need to enable the E port for ISL

Hi ,  

You speak about the 'Full fabric' license . To generate and obtain a software license use this procedure :

1. To obtain a trial license, contact your Brocade representative.
  2. When you receive the paperpack or electronic transaction key, retrieve the LID of your Brocade device by entering the show license id command on the device or by reading the LID from the label on the unit. If you received a paperpack transaction key, write the LID in the space provided on the entitlement certificate.
  3. Log in to the Brocade software licensing portal at http://swportal.brocade.com and complete the software license request. If you do not have a login ID and password, request access by following the instructions on the screen. The following figure shows the software licensing portal login window.
  4. From the License Management menu, select Brocade NOS > License Generation with Transaction key. The Brocade NOS License Generation window displays.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique.
If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please
mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

New Contributor

Re: In my brocade 300 san Switch I do not find the "fabric License", I need to enable the E port for ISL

Hi Thanks for the same, however I am talking about the "Fabric license". Below output for reference. I do not see any other license apart form this

SW-02:admin> licenseshow
:
    Second Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license
:
    Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license
:
    8 Gig FC license
SW-02:admin>

Brocade Moderator

Hi ,

'Full fabric' license is olso called ' fabric license ' this is the same . Must be installed on local switch , may be required on attached switchs

How to get the license of the "Fabric license" ? :

in attachement the procedure for receiving the license.

You can go directly to the chapter 'obtaining a license'  .

Regards

Jerome

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique.
If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please
mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.