Fibre Channel (SAN)

jai

If I have a CP that is Active and the other is Standby, how do I switch the Standby CP to Active

I'm new to Brocade switches and I'm trying to do the initial configuration on the DCX.  All of the commands for configuration don't work on a CP if it's in standby mode.  How do I switch a CP from being Stanby and make it Active so I can run the commands I need to and switch it back, if I wanted to?

External Moderator

Re: If I have a CP that is Active and the other is Standby, how do I switch the Standby CP to Active

jai,

don't worry, your switch work fine.

in director class switch, only one CP is active and the other is on standby.

this is the reason that you cannot execute some command on standby CP.

TechHelp24
Valued Contributor

Re: If I have a CP that is Active and the other is Standby, how do I switch the Standby CP to Active

that is, whatever you do on the active CP, is reflected in the standby CP. it happens either immediately, if both CPs are up and running, or when the HA heartbeat comes up after reboot of one or both CPs.

if you want to check the HA heartbeat status - use "hashow"

if you REALLY want to switchover between your active and standby CPs - use "hafailover" - but i don't think you need to do this, except when directed by your support provider, or when doing something really special according to a procedure from brocade documentation (release notes etc...)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.