Occasional Contributor

ISL changed to other swich and the ports are not linking

Hi all!

I made a change in the ISL connection, I made this move:

OLD config:

ISL = switch B port 17 <-> switch E port 1

New config:

ISL = Switch A port 17 <-> switch E port 1

Once I changed the FC from one switch to other the light in the ports become orange and never start to link ( green )

I checked is the ports ( both) with portcfgshow and looks ok ( disable E_port = off)

When I changed the port in the swith E from port 1 to port 3 and the ISL became operational.

Do you know how must to be checked?

Thanks in advance!

External Moderator

Re: ISL changed to other swich and the ports are not linking

--->>> I checked is the ports ( both) with portcfgshow and looks ok....

nothing is ok.

( disable E_port = off)

in order to ISL one switch to another E_Port must be activated. If the Port is licensed, check if a Fabric License is present.

TechHelp24
Frequent Contributor

I think he means the configuration setting "disable E_port" which of course has to be "Off" (in portcfgshow "..") to enable the port being an E_port.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Antonio and Sebastian,

Yes Sebastian, you are right, the option SIABLE E_port is OFF. And I want to add some details:

All the ports included in this situation have the license and they were used without issue.

The fact is that I made the change to modify a wrong SAN infrastructure desing.

I guess could be a speed issue between the ports, because one was set at 8Gb and the other to 4Gb, I have to make a new test with AN and 4Gb in both sides. By the way, the port 3 in the same swith was set with AN and in the other port the set is 4Gb and worked ok.

Thanks for your help, I will try with this test, if someone has some ideas, please share them!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.