Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

ISL Trunking on a 200E

G'Day Everyone,

External Moderator

Re: ISL Trunking on a 200E

John, you must Buy a Trunking License before can use Trunking in there 200E.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

G'Day, Thanks for your reply. Does this still count if there is only 1 port on the 200E going to connect to the fabric switch ? Additionally, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt going nuts with the 2040 and 2240 statement. I can get them going without any problems. Just the 200E is my problem child.

External Moderator

john,generally Brocade delivery all switch Standard with Web Tools; Fabric; and Zoning License, ( Trunking is Optional ) i am a little surprised that there switch not have any Fabric License. Please Post here the result from "licenseshow" whitout Fabric License is not possible to create a Fabric whit other Switch. Collect trough telenet Data from there 200E whit "supportShow" and upload here.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

G'Day, Thanks for the reply. It is pointing down to the fact I think that there is no license (or Entry Level License for Fabric) to connect to a fabric. As instructed I have attached the results of supportshow and below is the results of licenseshow:John

External Moderator

Hi JohnH:Have you received whit the Switch any Activation Key ? You must install Fabric License to create a Fabric otherview will not function. Ask please by Brocade if all tree Licence in the Entry Level included or only the both as delivered. Trunking, Fabric Watch, and other License must be purchased separately this are only included in the Enterprise License and not in the Entry Level Licence.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Greetings Again Everyone,Any assistance in this matter would be most appreciated.

External Moderator

John,Switch PID Format: (0..2) you must repeat this procedure into all switch.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning People,John

External Moderator

That s Fine, but any suggest, download the Command Reference Manual, this is the best way to lost all the most Problem.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.