Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

IBM TS3200 connected to Bladecenter H via FC

Noob here: I have a TS3200 that I need to connect to a Bladecenter H. I attempted to connect it directly to the Brocade 8GB module in the chassis but was unable to get an IP address. I configured it with a static address which did nothing. I need to get it connected to the system and recognized in IBM storage manager. Any help will be much appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Re: IBM TS3200 connected to Bladecenter H via FC

Noob here: I have a TS3200 that I need to connect to a Bladecenter H. I attempted to connect it directly to the Brocade 8GB module in the chassis but was unable to get an IP address. I configured it with a static address which did nothing. I need to get it connected to the system and recognized in IBM storage manager. Any help will be much appreciated.

The TS2300 must be connected to the Brocade switch using FC or optical cables, note the port number

Connect the eth interface of your ts2300 to an ordinary switch.

Once you have connected the ts2300 the eth switch, configure a static ip

Then configure the FC part, ie port speeds and such.

Note the wwpn the library has.

After that log onto the Brocade switch (webtools or CLI), most probably though your bladecenter interface.

do a switch show, confirm the ts2300 wwpn is visible and then zone it to the blade which needs access.

New Contributor

Re: IBM TS3200 connected to Bladecenter H via FC

Your advice worked. I did not need to zone anything as the 3200 was on the same network as everything else. Now all I need is a back-up software to utilize the device. The diagnostic tool from IBM confirmed the library functional.

Thanks for the help.

Note: For those who are unfamiliar with IBM Bladecenters look into "IBM BladeCenter Advanced Management Module". I was unaware of this module and its web interface prior to this process.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.