Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

I connected a unix host in a SAN switch. The port connected as L-port and not as F-port. What is the reason ?

Can someone help me ?

TIA and regards

Jose

Occasional Contributor

Re: I connected a unix host in a SAN switch. The port connected as L-port and not as F-port. What is the reason ?

Hi,

First of all your driver of the HBA, lets the hba attempt top log in as a loop port, that needs to be changed to fc-fc or point-to- point connection.

Second your switch port is not set to G-port.

Initially when an initiator logs in, it tries to login as loop, if that times out it tries, E-port then F-port. But since your hba driver is set to loop it logs in as loop.

You can force the switch port to G-port, which will stop the initiator of login in as a L-port, and tries immediately E or F-port.

Command would be: for example:

portcfggport 1/3, 1

Regards,

Ed

Occasional Contributor

Re: I connected a unix host in a SAN switch. The port connected as L-port and not as F-port. What is the reason ?

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that the problem is in the conf of the hba that is set to loop. I am waiting the Unix´ support answer.

Regards

Jose

Frequent Contributor

There may be other reasons. See here: http://www.erwinvanlonden.net/2015/05/port-stuck-in-l-port-mode/

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Erwin for your help.

Best regards

Jose

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.