Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

How to traceroute from a management IP on ED-DCX-B?

Hello All

Like we have the command "portcmd --traceroute [slot/][slot/]ge port" is there any command to execute traceroute for management IP from the FC switch?

Thanks

Chetan

External Moderator

Re: How to traceroute from a management IP on ED-DCX-B?

--traceroute operands, is related to Routing / FCIP and/or/with GE intelligent Port with appropiate Blade, and not to management Port.

what your want to realized htrough the management ? whit other word what is your goal ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hello TechHelp24

Like we tracert (tracert xx.xx.yx.xy) from host to FC-switch, do we have any such command that can be run from the switch end? I understand this is a a is a computer network diagnostic tool for displaying the route (path) and measuring transit delays of packets across an Internet Protocol (IP) network.

Thanks
Chetan

New Contributor

I need to make a trace/traceroute test through the management IP (using port ethernet from CP0/CP1), is it possible?
I want to ping a management server to validade the paths, and a have only its IP address
Is there any command or procedure?
I have a brocade DCX switch and I can'nt see the traceroute enabled

Is there any procedure to install it? Is it online?

switch: trace
traceDump traceFtp traceTrig tracedbadd tracedecode tracedump traceftp traceroute6 tracetrig

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.