Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted

How to obtain license key without transaction key?

We have an FC SAN switch but unfortunately we lost the transaction key document. Is there a way to still get the license key with only the serial number? If not, how do we get another copy of the transaction key?

External Moderator

Re: How to obtain license key without transaction key?

@kevin_jake

it's not way to get a Transactions key for Free, however I would suggest to get in touch with you OEM Vendor or Supplier and open a TAC with Brocade with a Prof-of-Purchase for the switch in question.

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Hello,

Please can you provide the serial number of the concerned unit?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

I have a list of the serial number sir, but may I know why you need this and how will this help me to get a copy of the transaction key? thank you.
Brocade Moderator

The goal is to find if the software has been purchassed in the past.

The serail number should provide this information.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.