Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

How to integrate a new HP Brocade 4/24 Switch with Mi10K

I am in the need of some help.

We have a HP blade chasis with 2 HP Brocade 4/24 switches running FOS v6.2.2 and a Mi10K director with M-EOS v9.9.6.2.  The Mi10K is managed using EFCM 9.7.4.  There is currently nothing production on the HP Blades, but the Mi10K connects multiple servers to the SAN.  I need to merge the HP 4/24 into the current fabric.  When I attempted with the 4/24 in Brocade Native Fabric Mode I get an error on the Mi10K that says the port has been set to invalid attachment.  One th 4/24 it says incompatible FC-SW version.  I tried, briefly, changing interop mode to McData Fabric Mode, but EFCM showed well that everything was trying to add everything to the 4/24.  So my question is, how can I merge the 4/24 into the current fabric while letting the Mi10K and EFCM continue to manage the fabric.

Thanks for any and all help,

Gene

Super Contributor

Re: How to integrate a new HP Brocade 4/24 Switch with Mi10K

--->>> When I attempted with the 4/24 in Brocade Native Fabric Mode I get an error on the Mi10K that says the port has been set to invalid attachment.

i10k cannot interoperate with Brocade in native mode.

you need to set the Brocade in Interop-mode.

for details refer Interop-mode in Fabric OS Command reference manuals and Fabric OS Administrator Guide.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.