Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How to enable/disable EZManager on Brocade 300 SAN Switch

Hello Everyone,

i got two Brocade 300 SAN Switches. Lets name them FC01 & FC02. Both are running FOS v7.4.1d and have been setup long before I got into my company by someone else.

When trying to manage them via Web Interface i got the folowing behavior.

FC01 always starts into the EZManager while FC02 always starts into the Web Tools.

Is it possible to change this behavior and how can this be achieved? I couldnt find any info about that.

Thanks a lot

Maverik

External Moderator

Re: How to enable/disable EZManager on Brocade 300 SAN Switch

@Maverik

I've never used EZmanager, and if I'm not wrong you can manage/configure only One switch at a time.

for this reason the second switch start with a web-tools.

I would suggest to use BNA = Brocade Networt Advisor, Professional Edition is FREE however with some restrictions.

But if you SAN consist only by this both 300, then the BNA is a excellent solution for you.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi there,

but how can I disable the EZManager on the FC01?

Everytime I type http://fc01/ into IE the EZManger is launched instead of the Web Tools. What can I do to change this so that Web Tools are launched by default (instead of EZManager)

Thanks and regards

Maverik

External Moderator

I'm sorry but I dont know how this piece of Software work.

try follow instead to point to HTTP://fc01, edited in you brouwser the switch IP address an dyou should be able to get the WT

TechHelp24
Community Manager

@Maverik

Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to gather some more information regarding your configuration so we can get you in touch with the correct group .

I encourage you to continue to post in the community and let me know if there is any way I can help. Once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the community to help other members.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged program by clicking on the image below.

Thank you

Jason McClellan
Community Manager
@jasondmcclellan

TAC Engaged

I have the exact same situation. One switch starts with EZManager and the other one comes with traditional Web Tool. After I opened a ticket with support, here is the instruction to enable/disable EZManager: http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/administration-guide/ezswitchsetup-800-adminguide/GUID-B868EAB2-9815-489F-B828-E8CD623F4B5F.html

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.