Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How to downgrade the FOS version in brocade 200e

Hi,

I am having brocade 200e switch its firmware version is 5.2.1b. i am going to upgrade the firmware version to 6.2.2f.

Its dependecny firmware version is 6.0.0c, then 6.1.0c and then finally to 6.2.2f.

My question is while doing firmware upgrade to latest if it get fails then is there any option for downgrading the firmware of brocade 200e or any possiblity to restore the configuration and make the brocade switch up and running into previous configuration?

I have attached the support show detail too

External Moderator

Re: How to downgrade the FOS version in brocade 200e

as per my experience, I would avoid to do downgrade.

moreover before yo do firmwaredownload your should first study a Storage and HBA Compatibility Matrix, related to Driver and Firmware. 

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi,

Actually there is solution.. In every switch there is primary and secondary layer is visible,

we can upgrade firmware to primary layer by using below command

firmwaredownload -s

then it will reboot the switch and hence in primary layer firmware is been upgraded.

In order to upgrade in secondary layer i need to perform below command

firmwareCommit

or otherwise if my firmware upgrade is failed then i can perform below command to restore previous command.

firmwareRestore.

This is how I can perform upgrade and downgrade of firmware with full backup and with all precautionary.

External Moderator

-s operands is supported only on DUAL CP Plattforms, like 48000 and preview Directors, and New DCX Series.

->then it will reboot the switch and hence in primary layer firmware is been upgraded.

the switch make a internal reboot itself after first download process on secondary partition. This partition bemoe as primary, and the primary as secondary.

--->>>In order to upgrade in secondary layer i need to perform below command

firmwareCommit

at this point the commit started automatically.

You can upgrade the FOS only into One Partition, but this is most complexes

You should keep in mind, with such a small fabric make no sense to do all such experiments.

as mentioned in my preview post, you should better consult the matrix, and then you can safely upgrade to latest new.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Yes Ketan, I do agree with Tech

New Contributor

thank u for your help

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.