Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How to connect brocade 300 to cisco MDS ?

Hi,

We have HP BladeSystem C7000 with two Cisco MDS 9124e and we have purchased two new brocade 300. We want to connect those switchs to provide access to our Storage Array that is connected to brocade switch.

What could you suggest to me ?

Thank you in advance.

Brocade Moderator

Re: How to connect brocade 300 to cisco MDS ?

Hi Jakamou ,

Don't do this via ISLs.

Turn the Cisco MDS9124 into a NpiV device, or turn the 300 into an Access Gateway   (AG).

You can also type help on the Brocade command line and see all commands available to you.

I suggest to turned a 300 into an AG and connected it to a Cisco fabric

Regards

Jerome

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique.
If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please
mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Brocade Moderator

Re: How to connect brocade 300 to cisco MDS ?

Hi Jakamou,

I would put the two Cisco MDS 9124e Blade switches into NPIV mode, and connected to them to the 300s  which you can connect via ISLs to your brocade switch with the storage... ISL connection between Cisco and Brocade is not supported by Brocade.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.