Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

How to configure the FCIP on BR-7800 using ge0/P16?

Hello All,

I need to configure FCIP on BR-7800 using gig port. I am confortable in that using the below mentioned steps. I am having problem to find the documents about configuration the zoning parts, i.e - after setting the tunnel - how storage on one side is going to talk to other side of the storage without getting fabric merged i.e How to configure the zoning on the router itself? Which port like FC0 or 1 must be connected to existing DCX switches?

Is there any document on Brocade site which talk about this zoning configuration step by step? I am a very big FAN of Brocade, but doing this FCIP, Cisco is far better and it's very easy to find the step by step process with sample configuration in Cisco?

One more thing it's not clearely stated in FCIP admin guide that if you configure the ge0 port as VEX on one side, how do you configure the VE on other side, is it the same command #portcfgvexport 16 -a 1 -f 20 -d 200, will set the VE port on other side?

Any guidence or attached doc regarding this will be a great help and will be really appreciable?

switchdisable
fosconfig --disable fcr
fcrconfigure (set fabric ID to 20)
fosconfig --enable fcr
switchenable
portdisable ge0
portdisable 16
portcfgpersistentdisable ge0
portcfgpersistentdisable 16
portcfg ipif ge0 create x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 1500

portcfgvexport 16 -a 1 -f 20 -d 200

portcfg iproute ge0 create x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 x.x.x.x
portcfg fciptunnel ge0 create 0 x.x.x.x x.x.x.x 9000 -c
portcfgpersistentenable ge0
portcfgpersistentenable 16
portenable ge0
portenable 16

Regular Contributor

Re: How to configure the FCIP on BR-7800 using ge0/P16?

Hi -

concerning zoning configuration on routed fabric environments, it's quite easy to do with Brocade (I don't know Cisco) : you don't have any configuration to do on routers, only on edge fabrics.

On edge fabric 1, create a zone named LSAN_something (prefix 'LSAN' is important) including both local and remote WWPN (or aliases).

On edge fabric 2, create the same 'LSAN' zone

That's all.

To verify everything is OK on routers and devices should be able to communicate, use lsanzoneshow -s -z <LSAN zone name>. You should see WWPNs with status 'exists' AND 'imported' for each edge fabrics.

Hope this helps

Regards,

--

david

Super Contributor

--->>>....is it the same command...

the command to configure VE_POrts on FCIP is portcfg

for details refer a command referene manuals

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot David, It's really helpful.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.