Fibre Channel (SAN)

Visitor

How to add another ISL link between two Brocade Silkworm 300 Fabrics

We have 2 ISL links between the two Brocade SLKWRM 300 Fabrics with OS version of 6.4.2a, but one of which is faulty, i.e. its SPFs need to be replaced. And the vendor says the replacement of the ISL's SPFs will wipe out the port's ISL config, which means, we will need to re-configure it afterwards.

So, we thought it  might be a good idea to add the 3rd ISL link just now, before calling in the vendor to replace the faulty SPFs.

I've read quite a few threads in this forum about how to setup an ISL between two Fabrics, which seems to be quite straight forward, i.e. as long as the two ports are e-port enabled, then simply connect them using a FC cable is all there's to it.

But I'm just wondering, after the new ISL link is built, do I need to do something else, for example, issue any commands like fabric isl enable ?

Thanks in advance,

Kelvin

Regular Contributor

Re: How to add another ISL link between two Brocade Silkworm 300 Fabrics

No you got it about right.

"And the vendor says the replacement of the ISL's SPFs will wipe out the port's ISL config, which means, we will need to re-configure it afterwards."

I'm a bit curious about this one, what config would that be?

I presume it's the SFPs, the "Small form-factor pluggable transceiver" you want to replace.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.